Friday, December 6, 2019

What do you guys think of walking 10,000 steps a day and how on earth can you include that in your day-to-day?

I'm not doing this to lose weight, just to be more healthier. I realize weight loss is mostly diet, and I'm trying to make better and healthier choices. Okay, now back to the topic of 10,000 steps a day. I have classes two days a week, and on those days my commute and walking around campus to different buildings and such it usually amounts to 5000 steps at maximum. The highest number I've ever gone was 9000, and that was one of the most brutal days I've had last week where I had to pick up a few things, etc. I don't drive and live in a big city, but opt out for ubers and taxis instead of taking the bus or using the subway... because my commute would be cut short by almost 40 minutes. So it takes me 20 minutes to go by taxi vs an hour (sometimes 1.5 hours) using the subway. But the subway means a lot more walking.

That 9000 steps day was literally me walking from place to place an entire day. So I'd imagine it took me somewhere about 2 and a half hours of walking to reach the 9000 steps. If that's true, then how on earch am I supposed to find that time to walk every single day? Also, most people say one should not count their "daily" activity in the steps. Like you have to deliberately walk for this purpose only in addition to the steps you would normally take in a day. That's insane to me, because that's so many hours of walking.

submitted by /u/GwenCocoUgo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2s1NqI6

No comments:

Post a Comment