Monday, March 2, 2020

Why losing weight is harder when you’re not hiding

Hey ya’ll. Just had a realization. I lost close to 70 pounds about 5 years ago. It wasn’t ‘easy’ but it was a bit easier than now. I’ve put on about 50 since then, I’m trying to lose 40 pounds to be at a healthier BMI. We’ll see about those last 10. I’m having success, already losing 7 pounds in 3 weeks.

BUT it’s a little different. My previous weight loss I was living with my parents, was single, and had a less stressful job that was essentially part time. I was at a really low point with my confidence and I rarely saw my friends. I had a very minimal social life. Kind of a shut in, but it worked for the weight loss. Just sorta hid and lost, slowly achieving my goal weight.

So now I live with my SO, have an active social life, play in a band about 2 gigs a month, and work a more stressful job with 40-50 hours a week. I’ve made all these moves....partially because I was at a weight I liked and put myself out there. But....now I sorta wanna shut in again cause I don’t feel great about myself and it’s easier to control my eating when I’m alone. anyone else feel this?

submitted by /u/I_Wear_Socks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TIMNOb

No comments:

Post a Comment