Monday, March 2, 2020

Struggling to lose weight

I've been overweight all my adult life as I put it all on when I moved out from my parents. I've tried pretty much all the diets out there and the only one to give me success was a VLCD but due to health issues this is no longer a possibility.

I'm 195lbs and 5ft 4 and my goal is to get down to at least 140lbs. I usually have success in diets for the first couple of weeks and then it just stops. My last resort was weight loss surgery but I've been denied that because my weight isn't high enough. I also saw a dietician today and that was a complete waste of time because she was treating me like I was clueless saying things like cheese is bad.

I need this weight off, I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and they say the worst thing to be is overweight while having it. I was also diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome last month. In my head I want to do all this exercise like running but reality is that I can't even manage more than 2k steps a day total because of the fatigue. I'm also not allowed to do any exercise anyway.

With the diet, I've tried 1200 and 1500 CICO and it doesn't do a thing after the first week or two. I don't know if it's because of my Ehlers Danlos but I did read a study that said its either really hard to lose weight when having it or really hard to gain weight (depends on a gene that is affected). Not sure if I believe this study but would explain why I can't lose weight and why my brother who eats a massive amount can't gain weight.

My other problem is that my fatigue makes it difficult to eat healthily because I'm too tired to cook. All I can do is grab ready meals or snacks and they are usually not great nutritionally

So I need to lose this weight and I don't know how. I guess I will try CICO again because its good to have good habits. My BMR is 1580 calories so I will go for 1200 again. I have no idea how I will have the energy for this but I need to do it

submitted by /u/LilyRose951
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39gvRoD

No comments:

Post a Comment