Sunday, May 3, 2020

Slimming World Weight Loss!

(SV Post) Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to share my exciting news. Over the last 5 weeks in lockdown I’ve lost half a stone, bringing my total loss to 2 stone! I began Slimming World in November 2019 (so been doing it for ~6 months) and I’m so thrilled. 2 thirds of the way to my target weight! I’ve wanted to lose weight for years and have gone up and down with my weight, never being able to maintain. I’ve finally found a sustainable lifestyle and diet I can maintain and I am so excited! That’s not to say I don’t struggle sometimes and I do have the occasional cheeky takeaway. There are weeks I gain, weeks I stay the same. It’s about drawing a line and forgiving ourselves when we trip up and then getting back on it. Guilt over messing up is what always led me to messing up more.

Will add some things that has helped me:

For me it has mostly been planning. Generally I’ve been better in lockdown than usual - not being around my friends/boyfriend who snack a lot and like to eat out. But the trick for me really is to have meals/plans prepared. I don’t want to have to think about my food, rather just go to the fridge and eat the food I premade. Less stress and I find it a lot easier that way. I usually make bulks of healthy pasta and have that for the week, usually a mugshot or poached eggs on a slice of toast for lunch, then weetabix with milk for breakfast. Very much about routine, having options prepared in advance. In my house we also have very few snacks around. If there’s nothing around to snack on, I don’t snack. It’s always so much worse knowing there’s food around but not being able to have it. Then if I feel soooo snacky, I have fruit in the fridge so I can still nibble. Much better to keep cravings in check by swapping out for healthier options rather than restricting myself entirely.

Also: keeping busy. If I’m busy and doing things, I don’t notice time passing and my brain is too busy to think about food. Too much time on my hands leads to me obsessing about food and getting more hungry/bored and wanting to eat more. I don’t want my life to revolve around food, so I make sure my behaviour/daily activities don’t revolve around it

I also try and focus on positive reinforcement. I reward myself with treats (not food based) when I reach a weight achievement eg every half stone. I don’t beat myself up or punish myself for messing up, I get back to trying to get my goal. At the moment my treats have been a Nintendo Switch, and then a couple of games.

Trying to make it all as positive as possible, humans are more successful with positive reinforcement than negative reinforcement (I studied Psychology at uni).

submitted by /u/emilyrachel00
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WeQV9y

No comments:

Post a Comment