Sunday, May 3, 2020

Why am I barely losing weight after 1 month in a calorie deficit? FAQ not helping,

Here are the results of the TDEE calculator showing 2,500 maintenance calories and 2,000 weight loss calories. For the last 3-4 weeks I've been in a heavy calorie surplus and have stayed in the 1,300-1,600 range every day save for 2-3 cheat days. I'm down to 187 from 190, but with this deficit I should be losing at least 1.5-2lbs a week, right? Am I being obtuse?

Exercise:

Monday Push

Tuesday 45 minutes bicycling @ 15mph

Wednesday Pull

Thursday 45 minutes bicycling @ 15mph

Friday Legs

Sat/Sun 45 minutes/day @ 15mph

Using MyFitnessPal to log calories. Daily goal for 1.5lbs down a week, according to the app, is 1770 calories. I typically keep my calories daily in the 1,300-1,600 range to have a margin of error. I understand the importance of weighing food so I weigh literally everything that goes into my mouth. Knowing the intake isn't the problem. I do not eat prepackaged food. I cook everything I eat so I know exactly what's going into my food.

Daily Nutrition:

6AM black Coffee.

9AM 1 Scoop Muscle Milk 150cal + black coffee.

11AM black coffee.

12PM 2 cups salad mix 15 cal, 3TBSP Dressing 120 cal, 2 hard boiled eggs 143 calories.

Dinner will change nightly but I weigh and measure every dish. Example tonight was 220g sweet potato and 200g of pork chops. Every day dinner has been in the 400-600cal range or less This put me around 1,300-1,600 calories for the day.

This is my first time trying to actually count calories and lose weight so I'm pretty perplexed here. Calories in Calories Out. I understand the logic. I weigh my food. I put in the work in the gym/bike.

What the hell am I missing? Am I expecting too much too soon?

submitted by /u/BrandonRushing
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SviavQ

No comments:

Post a Comment