Friday, December 4, 2020

[14F] I am 5'2 and I am 135 pounds I need to lose weight, but I can't stop eating. How do I lose weight?

I recently turned 14, and I have been meaning to lose weight for a while now. Although the BMI scale is oudated, it's the only index that I am familiar with that I am aware of that can measure status. I am considered overweight on the scale by 0.2. In all honesty, by looking at my own body, you can tell that I am heavier than average-sized girls. Because of depression, body dysmorphia, and lack of motivation, I primarily depend on food to give me a semblance of happiness. There are some people due to genetics who naturally have weight gain, and there are others who simply gain weight because of their mental state and/or cannot control their portion sizes and what they eat. I fall into the latter, although I genetically have slight larger collarbones than most people. I have always been chubby, and before the pandemic, I was 125 pounds. This is widely perceived as a normal weight, and although I was a little on the chubbier side, I was still quite normal for my height, but now I am 10 pounds heavier; now, I am most definitely am overweight. I have a doctor's appointment two weeks from now, and I hope to get some more insight into how to lose weight effectively. I also struggle with controlling portion sizes and I eat terribly. I don't eat giant meals per se, but I snack way too often on junk food and intake more calories than what is deemed as healthy at this point.

I myself have done a bit of research and have come to a fully fledged conclusion, but I would like to hear some opinions from an outside perspective. How should I go about losing weight in the midst of this pandemic? Are there any online resources available that have helped you succeed in losing weight? What steps should I take to losing weight? Is losing weight easier or more difficult with age? What is a rough time estimate to reach my goal? (I completely understand that losing 15-20 pounds isn't viable within a month or two like the TV ads claim they are, but I aim to be at a weight of 120 pounds by the beginning of February.) Please don't be afraid to be honest just because I have a body image disorder. I had plenty of time to improve my weight during this quarantine, but I'd been too busy wallowing in my own self-pity to lose the weight that I could have already. If possible, please also link some exercising/portion control/weight loss videos down below that can help me achieve my goal more smoothly.

TL;DR: I am a 14 year old who has depression and body dysmorphia, and is struggling to lose weight during this quarantine. What advice would you offer to help me lose the weight I need, as is necessary for my height, age, and weight?

submitted by /u/throwmeaway173451
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3geOvle

No comments:

Post a Comment