Monday, December 21, 2020

Allowing ourselves to feel proud of our accomplishments

Hi Everyone,

I'm sitting here feeling proud of what I've accomplished....an 88 pound weight loss at the very young age of 49 :) Yesterday, I had a unexpected non-scale victory that prompted this feeling. While doing some home renovations, my parents found my 22 year old wedding gown forgotten and packed away in a closet. They dropped it over at my house last night and at my husband and children's prompting, I put it on. To my joy, the dress was well preserved and it 90% fit. I say 90% because I'm about 10 pounds give our take from it completely zipping up. A few years ago, I know I would have gazed at the dress and wonder how I had been that small/felt defeated for letting myself gain so much weight. Instead, I was left with happy old memories of my wedding, happy NEW memories of this experience and a bit of motivation to lose that last 10-15 pounds with a goal in mind. I'd like to lose that weight over the next 9 months and be able to completely zip the dress by my 50th birthday.

All this had me thinking. We are always so critical of ourselves. Even when we achieve a milestone, I think we don't tend to celebrate it. We just keep finding something else wrong. I encourage you all to take a moment and reflect on your accomplishments and let yourself feel that pride, joy and sense of accomplishment. Do you find yourself in a similar boat? Meaning do you find yourself not reflecting and celebrating your accomplishments as much as you should?

submitted by /u/MissCmotivated
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KoeQlb

No comments:

Post a Comment