Friday, December 25, 2020

Anxiety about family commenting on weight loss

F/25/SW:301/CW:221/5’4”

Hello and merry Christmas! I’m sitting here with terrible anxiety because I’m about to go see my dad for a Christmas dinner. I have been overweight/obese my whole life and my dad (who has always been slim) has always made comments around being “concerned for my health”. This year, I finally got my act together and have lost 80 lbs! I’m so proud of myself. I feel healthy, confident, and strong. But like I said, I’m getting the worst anxiety about seeing my dad and knowing the comments he’ll make. Last time I FaceTimed him, he answered by saying “Jesus, you look half your size!” I KNOW he means well and it’s supposed to be a compliment....but I just find it so, so embarrassing whenever he comments on how much weight I’ve lost or how different I look. I did it for myself and myself only, not because he told me too. I’ve only seen him a handful of times this year due to quarantine but also because I’m just very anxious as to what comments he’ll make.

Rant over....guess I just need to type out all my anxieties and get this over with....but if anyone has any advice for acknowledging your weight loss and family members commenting on it I would appreciate it SO MUCH :)

submitted by /u/jazzycow
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37MAGYj

No comments:

Post a Comment