Monday, December 21, 2020

[help] Lost 75 pounds and went vegan for a while, now my family’s saying that I have eating issues

(20F) Starting weight: 175 pounds Current weight: 100 pounds Height : 5’1

Disclaimer : Long paragraphs ahead, couldn’t fit all texts in the title // I went on a fully vegetarian and vegan diet for two months. I’m now back to eating meat, but at half of my usual intake before going on a diet. I mainly decided to do this because I realised that 90% of the meat I ate were fried or with tonnes of sauces. Yes, I loved fried food. But unfortunately, it really isn’t too good for my health.

My weight loss journey started in 2015, under the encouragement of my family to lead a healthier lifestyle. For years, my elementary and high school had to send me to a nutritionist because I was severely overweight. I went for a blood test and had very high LDL. After 2 years and without any form of exercise, I gradually cut down my intake of fried food and sugared drinks (it used to be a forth-nightly event). At this point, I was 100 pounds.

However, here came the yoyo effect and binge-eating. I gained 15 pounds within a few months. I was ranging between 108-112 pounds for the next two years until 2019.

This year, I hit 115 pounds during the quarantine and lockdown period. Couldn’t stop munching on sweets that i baked and just lied on the sofa all day long. I was always huge on meat, you could have called me a Carnivore.

Hence, with all the esteem issues and worries about going back to my previously high LDL levels, I decided to lose weight! I don’t ever fast or starve myself. I merely cut down unnecessary snacking and went back & forth on a pescatarian, vegetarian or vegan diet. Also, i track calories -> a deal-breaker for my family. For two months, I tried to eat within 1200cal and for the remaining (like now) I’m eating within 1300cal with the exception of days when I hang out.

I currently weigh 100 pounds. Unfortunately (?), my once chubby cheeks have turned into a gaunt face. My boobs dropped a whole cup and booties have shrunk. I have, for a month so far, done workouts at home every other day to maintain this weight and get my assets back (upwards & outwards lol).

This change in appearance, calorie tracking and cutting down meat in my diet have led to my family thinking I have an eating disorder. I do admit, I likely had Orthorexia a while back. I’d like to think I’m much better now.

Is there any way to eliminate the mindset of cutting down meat = lack of nutrients, starvation, eating disorder? Nearly everyday I hear my close and extended family comment that I’m ‘anorexic’ because I track calories and don’t eat enough meat.

Nope, I’m not seeking psychological help here on reddit. However, I would definitely appreciate some advice and your take on this.

submitted by /u/daintylostsoul
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pg5tCY

No comments:

Post a Comment