Tuesday, December 22, 2020

It's been almost 3 years and my weight loss journey failed

I'll keep it short but.

September 2017 I discovered I was considered obese. I'd never considered myself as such so I decided that I'm going to go on a journey to lose the weight.

I did CICO. I didn't really exercise. But it worked, from about September to October 2018. I lost probably close to 40 pounds.

Then because of some stress I started to lose weight again. But I couldn't let that happen, because I knew in Spring 2019 I was going to a big event and wanted to look good. So I not only went in on CICO, but I added crazy strenuous exercise. I lost a lot of weight.

Then disaster struck. Maybe I restricted my calories too much or did too much exercise too soon. And maybe it was the stress of a new job, my insecurities...but I ended up having panic attacks.

I actually lost a lot of weight after that because I couldn't eat. My family was worried.

But then people in my family and friend circle died very close to another in the second half of 2019. I ate maybe one thing the entire week. Then I started binging.

Then the pandemic hit. My anxiety is better, but 2020 has been so stressful and dealing with the fall out from 2019 I've probably gained back all my weight and am back to where I was September 2017.

Now I'm at a point where I want to start getting healthier. I don't care about looking a certain way. I just want to be healthy and happy. But I don't know where to start.

That's my journey. I guess when you fall, you just have to pick yourself back up and keep going with what you've learned to guide you.

submitted by /u/ShawnandAngela
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3auOGbb

No comments:

Post a Comment