Monday, December 7, 2020

I cried happy tears this morning.

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed at 84.7kg (I'm 187cm tall). This is the lowest number i have ever seen on a scale... ever. I've been obese since I was a child (now 29) and i never weighed my self until we immigrated to the UK when i was 15, i had to register for a General Practitioner and they did a full round of check ups on me. When they weighed me, I was dead on 85kg, at 15.

That number has been lingering on my mind over the past two months of my weight loss journey as i slowly approached it. I used the lockdown and the extra free time i got because I was working from home to really focus on myself and health. So far i've dropped 28kg (just a little over 60 lb) since April. I've gone through multiple "weight goal milestones" but i knew this was the big one, I thought I was ready for this moment. I've been hovering just above 85kg for about 6 days (it felt like years).

Yesterday i weighed at 85.3kg, i thought yeah i'll probably need to cut more next week and see if i can break this plateau. Today I wake up and bam, caught me by complete fucking surprise and I was so emotionally shocked that I just started bowling my eyes out.

it really does feel like I took the weight of the whole world off my shoulders, whoever of you is struggling out there with their weight loss, i can tell you as someone who made it to the other side it is so fucking worth all the joint pain, the constant fatigue, every cake missed, every takeout not ordered, every slice of pizza you don't eat. It's all fucking worth it, i look back at the times i failed before and reverted into eating like shit and i feel like i was the dumbest person on earth chasing the slightest dopamine hits from stuffing his face with food. It's a genuinely liberating feeling when you're no longer controlled by your impulses. I'm not stopping anytime soon, i've shifted my focus to body building and still got some "stubborn" fat to lose, i feel like a permanent switch flipped in my head and it ain't flipping back.

submitted by /u/808adams
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lQ4nM8

No comments:

Post a Comment