Saturday, December 5, 2020

Loss of smell helping with weight loss

Earlier this year I was sick and I lost my sense of taste and smell for a few weeks. I don’t know if it’s THAT virus that caused it, but I lost it. Anyway, most of my senses came back but not fully and definitely not the same as before. There are certain foods I can’t smell AT ALL. I’ve noticed that it’s mostly processed crap that I have the most trouble with. I can’t smell Cheetos/Doritos at all, and onions and garlic smell stronger surprisingly. Foods I used to love no longer have any appeal. My sense of taste is where I struggle most. I can’t really taste sweet foods. They seem...I don’t know, muted? Although it was scary at first, I’m starting to appreciate this. I don’t buy chips anymore because, what’s the point? Why waste the calories if I can’t even smell it? I’ve started to branch out and eat fruits and veggies that I typically would avoid and it’s like learning what I like all over again. This has helped with weight loss because now that I don’t get as much enjoyment out of food and eating I eat less because I don’t really want to. I watched a video a while ago about this pill that alcoholics take that basically stops you from getting drunk and alcohol looses it’s appeal. Food is losing its appeal outside of making me not hungry and giving me energy. I’m not gonna lie, old habits are hard to break and I am still in the habit of turning to food when I’m down or when I want to reward myself. Almost every time I indulge now, I’m dissatisfied and disappointed. I’ve crossed off so many fast food places and I don’t buy unnecessary crap that doesn’t taste like anything. I guess this is kind of a blessing in disguise?

45 pounds down since Dec. 30, 2019!

submitted by /u/Maintainingfreedom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lIReV3

No comments:

Post a Comment