Saturday, December 5, 2020

Lifestyle change, unsure if I am doing enough excersize?

Hi everyone,

I'm getting ready for major surgery for March 2020. Part of that involves losing weight prior to surgery as a short term goal, and a lifestyle switch as a long-term goal as my sugar levels are borderline (doc thought I might have been type 2 due to high levels of fasting blood sugars, but a GTT test showed my levels were normal, so we are treating me as pre). Weight loss is a challenge as I have a health condition which when there is a flare up, leaves me bedridden, but I'm pushing myself as much as I can as I just want to feel better.

I don't know what my current weight is, but my size is around 18-20 AU. Due to a history of binge eating and severe body dysmorphia I haven't got a scale in the house.

I'm working with a dietician regarding food and the last two weeks have been on a low carb, low GI food plan which is surprisingly going well. I had a tendency to have a very high fat, high carb diet or falling off diet plans. However, I have found I'm starting to feel a lot better already in terms of the food I'm eating and adjusting to the new portion sizes, as well as swapping out carbs where appropriate for non-starchy versions (i.e. instead of bolognese pasta having it on zuchinni noodles etc).

I'm also trying to build up excersizing. I have a treadmill I've been using most days, between 30-60 minutes at around 4.7-5mph and with inclines between 0-4, and have been doing a bit of bodyweight corework, and some arm strengthening work with dumbells as well, since once I have my surgery I will lose access to abdominals and will need arms to help me get in and out of bed. I've also been attending a free strengthening and fitness class once a week at the community centre which is a combination of red zone cardio and strengthening work.

While I feel confident about the food plan and following it, I'm feeling less confident about the excersize, and I can't get in to see an excersize physiologist until Jan. I'm not sure if walking on the treadmill most days, a high intensity fitness class once a week and a bit of bodyweight work is enough? I haven't got the means to join a gym (and a knee injury makes running/jogging difficult but walking is fine).

Is there anything more I could do fitness wise to assist me with the weight loss and overall lifestyle change?

submitted by /u/booooooourns88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qwFwAf

No comments:

Post a Comment