Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Lost over 50kg - here's 2 important things I have learned over the years.

It's been alot of years since High School, however in high school here was my situation; I was 172cm tall. I weighed 110kg.

The first weight loss journey: The first time I lost weight, I have no idea what came over me. I had no motivation at all to do much of anything. I stayed up late one night, playing video games as usual, it must have been about 2am and I found a motivational YouTube video pop up into my feed and decided to click it. For some reason this video just resonated with me. The next morning, I got out of bed around 7am and walked to the garage where my Father's old school home weight lifting kit was setup. Hadn't been used in years. I spent 2 hours using a pressure washer and bug spray ensuring it was clean enough and ready to use. The first day I just did some weights. I didn't lift heavy, because at the time, I had no idea that I had little to no muscle mass. I maybe did 20 minutes of physical activity. That was it. The next day, I got up and did it again. For the next few months, I just continued to do this. I'd put music on and just lift weights. Within 3 months, I'd noticed family and friends commenting on weight loss. It was astounding.

TLDR FOR THIS SECTION; The lesson in this little section is simple and I continuously say this to people who ask me what I did and how I did it. JUST START.

I have a firm belief that starting is the hardest part of it all. So if you're waiting for your sign to get off your butt and do it. THIS IS IT.

For those wondering, in 3 months I went from 110kg down to around 100. I did not change my diet at all.

After the first 3 months; I had gained a small amount of knowledge of calories and what calories are and became far more conscious of what I was eating and how much. I downloaded myfitnesspal on my mobile and began scanning barcodes. It was around this time I realised how bad most of the stuff I was eating actually was for me. Now, my main problem has ALWAYS been soda. Coca Cola, in particular. MyFitnessPal made me realise, I could drink the same amount of coca cola but more than 99% less calories simply drinking Coke Zero.

I can't remember how long it took, but 1.5 years had past and I was down to 63.4kg. I remember the number on the scales EXACTLY as this was my downfall. I remember thinking to myself "thats it. You've done it. You can rest now".

TLDR FOR THIS LESSON; The lesson in this section; MyFitnessPal is an absolute GODSEND. Use it. After a few weeks of using it youll realise how much of a powerful tool it is. Its also extremely powerful in realising how and what to replace. For example; 3 pieces of Cadbury 'Snack' chocolate is a whopping 120 calories. OR you can have a whopping 500 grams of watermelon for 150 calories - Sure the chocolate is great. But 500 grams of watermelon will fill your stomach far more than 3 pieces of chocolate.

And that's it. That's the first time done. That's all it took was to start, track calories and be mindful of what I was eating and drinking. Now for what most people want to know - the diet. My diet consisted of; Anything I wanted to eat aslong as I was at 1500 calories. McDonald's? Sure. Aslong as I skip x meal or whatever.

TLDR first time diet; No diet. Anything I wanted aslong as I was 1500 calories or below.

These days, I am roughly 80kgs, and have been able to maintain that weight within 4kgs. I have put on alot of muscle mass in comparison to when I began and hit 80kg the first time. I also work a physical job now which stops me packing it all on again.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with this sub for awhile and really just wanted to try and give some kind of motivation to people who just need a push. If you have any questions about routine or diet, please let me know and I'll tell you what I did in more depth.

It doesn't have to be complicated. Anyone can do it. YOU can do it. I believe in you all.

submitted by /u/Jaydoos447
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aA4nO6

No comments:

Post a Comment