Monday, December 21, 2020

Maintaining in 2020

I did it! This year has been awful emotionally. Between covid and my brothers sudden passing in May. I’m very proud to say that I have been able to maintain my weight loss.

You guys have been a constant encouragement, I don’t post often, but I visit a lot and gain strength from all of you. Your hard work, your tips, your real life stories are all greatly appreciated, so thank you!

Of all the habits that I had to learn and unlearn over the past 2 years, the hardest by far has been working through emotions in a healthy way and not turning to food. This has been extremely helpful this year. From suddenly working from home, our dog passing and my brother passing at 37 with a heart condition that potentially is genetic, my youngest moving out, and the continued stress of covid and what that all means, it has not been easy.

The most helpful thing I read a long time ago, was that it is ok to feel. To let yourself feel. If you need help, seek it. It’s ok, you are worth it.

I hope this is encouraging to someone out there. 40 pounds feels like a long time ago now. One day I will worry about the last 10.

submitted by /u/whoisnic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pftiux

No comments:

Post a Comment