Sunday, December 20, 2020

My Last First Day - Entry 1

Hello everyone. This is my first post on here. This is more like a weight loss diary, so feel free to completely ignore all of this. I have had my "first day of my diet" or "first day of my health kick" many, many, many.. many. MANY times before. This time, it is my last first day. My goal of this is to be as open and honest with not only myself, but who ever chooses to ready this with me.

I am going to lose my career if I don't lose this weight. I am in the army, and if I do not make better lifestyle choices, lose weight, and become "more fit", I will not be able to pass height and weight, or my physical fitness test, both of which can get me kicked out of the army faster than you can read this post. I am choosing for ME to get into shape. I also had a hard time figuring out if I wanted to post on here vs bodybuilding.com. I feel like there is a more engaging community on reddit. So, here we go.

I weighed in today at 166.0lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed. No, I am not morbidly obese, and no, this isn't an inspirational starting weight, but this is MY weight. This is a HUGE challenge for me. I started the day so stiff that I couldn't even turn properly while driving to check for cars in the next lane. I am ready to make a change. I have included photos of my weigh in. This is an honest weigh in. Not like the others with the army where I would fast for a week and dehydrate myself for extra pounds or inches. My real weight, my real numbers, and real pictures.

I need to hit the ground running, so here are some goals I have for this week:

  1. Count calories. This will be a bit difficult for me because I have a tendency to only count the "good calories" in my app/tracker. For example, I will input the healthy breakfast into my app but feel so guilty about my McDonalds I had for lunch that I won't even put it in the app. I will be honest about my calories and put them all in.
  2. No Fast Food. This too will be hard as I have terrible, terrible cravings. I plan to spend this afternoon emptying my fridge, freezer and pantry of everything that will tempt me to fuck up. This should also give me room to fill them with healthy alternatives.
  3. Weigh Myself Weekly. Not Daily, Not Hourly, Not a few times a week. WEEKLY. I will not let those numbers taunt me and discourage me every day. I will spend all week working as hard as I can to get those numbers down.
  4. Go to the gym every day. Even if it is a rest day, I can still do yoga. I can still take a walk on the treadmill. Going to the gym and doing something good for myself will keep me on a schedule and keep my away from videogames at home.

Here are my stats as of 20 December 2020:

Height: 5'5" or 65"

Weight: 166.0lbs

Neck: 14in

Waist: 37in

Hips: 43in

BMI: 27.3

Fat %: 41.4%

Please, wish me luck and support me.

Thank you,

-Reddit's newest member.

submitted by /u/SkaterChick14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mG3t58

No comments:

Post a Comment