Sunday, December 20, 2020

So I won't hit my 2020 goal but...

I wanted to share how I feel right now, partly to remind my future self that this is ok, and partly in the hope that it might help someone else who might be in a bit of a slump.

I (re)started my weight loss journey back in May at 246lbs. My goal was 196lbs by the end of the year. Armed with my calorie tracker, very supportive boyfriend and a Fitbit, the number on the scales ever so slowly started to drop. Fast forward to July and I lost a stone (hooray!) and gained a much prettier, shinier stone on my left ring finger! Needless to say, I immediately joined the gym.

Now armed with a calorie tracker, a very supportive fiancé, a Fitbit and a gym membership, I continued my quest and lost another stone by October. This time, however, I gained several new stones in my gallbladder. Then I hit a plateau. Then the country went into lockdown and the gym closed.

Nevermind, I don't need a gym to break through this! I still have my trusty calorie counter, my darling fiancé and my Fitbit. I'll just walk it off! So I walked. And walked. And walked some more. The dog didn't want to come with me any more and my poor fiancé was exhausted so I roped in my best friend/gym buddy and walked some more.

Cut to today and I am STILL at 215lbs. I have an operation to remove my gallbladder on Tuesday so I have had to isolate. I can't go to the gym or go on long country walks anymore. I could have done some exercise inside, but the drive was gone by this point. I hit a slump and was feeling pretty down about the whole thing until I realised:

I had lost two stone and not gained a pound back since October.

I've not lost everything I wanted to this year. I've not hit my goal. But, even with a misbehaving organ, I am healthier than I was last year. It has been a tough year for everyone but I have worked hard and achieved a lot. It may not be perfect, but I am a damn sight closer to my goal than I was when I started.

So, 2021:

SW - 215lbs GW - 160lbs

Bring it on!

submitted by /u/xmisslucix
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37zAED6

No comments:

Post a Comment