Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Need to get serious again

Hi all,

I've lurked for a while, reading about people's success stories and what worked for them, and it's finally made me want to do something about re-starting my own weight loss. So a bit of background, F28, 5'6 SW(CW): 187lbs, GW: 145lbs

I started dieting/trying to control my weight when I was about 17 and my weight was worrying, so where I am now is a huge improvement. My ex was also concerned about his weight, and I took this to be a good thing for most of the time we were together - he did all the cooking, cooked everything from scratch, and controlled portion sizes of mine. At one point, I was doing something like the 5:2, but having 500kcal on 4 or 5 days of the week. Obviously, I was hungry all the time and took to snacking in secret - I knew it wasn't healthy to do what I was doing, but I couldn't seem to stop myself. I was miserable, I hated how I looked, I wanted to be slim and attractive (I know you don't need to be slim to be attractive, it's where my head was at the time). I kept extreme dieting like that, and it did work in a way - I got down to 149lbs at one point, which was close to my goal weight, but I still wasn't happy. That was 1.5 - 2 years ago.

Long story short, I broke with my ex and then lockdown hit. I emotional eat anyway, so the weight started creeping on. I figured I should try and eat 'normally', and tried having 3 meals a day, which only made it shoot up. My mental health is in a much better place than I was previously - while I want to lose weight, I want to do it to be healthier, to be able to do 10k fun runs and enjoy walking holidays, rather than doing it to be 'slim and attractive'. I'm happy that I'm in a better headspace...but I'm also finding it harder to motivate myself to actually stick to a plan. So I'm starting to count calories, I bulk-cook and portion my meals, and I'm trying very hard to cut out my usual snacks (and replace them with healthier things if I can). I've also got myself a fitness tracker so I can keep an eye on my activity levels.

I'm hoping by actually writing this out helps me stick to it this time! Thanks for reading :)

submitted by /u/Pokem369
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37uFNLl

No comments:

Post a Comment