Wednesday, December 2, 2020

A workout for the busy, the antisocial and the quarantined

Disclaimer: I am not promoting this, I get nothing from recommending this to anyone. It is a program I like and I wish to share with people who feel it could work for them too.

I've been on my own journey of weight loss, albeit with its ups and downs but the one place I've felt confident is my workouts. At first, it was a chore but the more I forced myself to get up and go to the gym, the more I enjoyed it and began to appreciate everything else it could offer me. Lately, because of the dreaded Covid, I have been without method to work out as the gym are shut. But I had a solution.

Throughout the initial lockdown of the Pandemic here in the UK, I started working with kettlebells and I fell in love. It's more or less a full home gym in a compact format. When the new restrictions were announced, I asked my mum to send me my kettlebell and a book I bought called Simple and Sinister (S&S).

S&S is a kettlebell program developed by Pavel Tsatsouline, the man renowned for bringing kettlebells back to the west. It's a simple program but as its name suggests, it's pretty sinister. It is just 10 sets of 10 kettlebell swings, and 10 Turkish get ups (5 each side). I've been doing S&S religiously every day since these restrictions were put in place and I feel better moving and being able to get about my day, knowing I've done my training for today is an excellent feeling and great for my mental health!

Here's a link to someone who's completed the simple standard of the workout so you can see what kind of program it is: https://youtu.be/Lz3UAJqRCf0

Overall, I love kettlebells as a training method, and if I wasn't training for a powerlifting meet (which will probably be cancelled because of the virus), I probably wouldn't go to the gym at all. S&S is a great foundational program for nearly everyone and is an awesome accompaniment to a diet facilitating weight loss. I make it a goal to complete this every day, and if I have extra energy, I'll even add on some extra work like press ups, squats, etc - however it really isn't necessary. I do recommend getting the book, because I find myself finding new nuggets of valuable information every time I do.

submitted by /u/SarkyJock
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39HcZC2

No comments:

Post a Comment