Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Weight regain question after return to maintenance

Hi,

I went on a small month-long deficit after a longer sustained one just to shed a few extra lbs, and overall it was a success - I hit my goal weight and managed to maintain a few days before starting a new job. However, my new job at a warehouse means my activity level has shot up from before - I was maybe running ~7.5k a day and then staying sedentary for a TDEE of around 2600 @ 6'0, 170. However, now running ~11k a day and also walking and lifting packages for 7-8 hours uninterrupted, my TDEE (I believe anyway) should be somewhere around 3500 accounting for the extra activity.

In going from ~2200 in a deficit to somewhere around ~3500, my weight has permanently shot up by about 5lbs that isn't going away again - I've only been eating at this TDEE for about 2 weeks, and definitely not overshot it enough to gain 5 legitimate pounds - the weight is even holding pretty steady too. But it's obviously slightly demoralising to see a 5lb weight gain after hitting a long soughtafter target weight.

Is this 5lb weight gain fat, or am I just maintaining food waste, etc. after a fairly long streak of sedentary below-TDEE weight loss and shooting up to a way higher activity level?

submitted by /u/FastMastah42069
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qjeuMT

No comments:

Post a Comment