Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Tips for those new to weight loss needing motivation

Hi all, back in April I decided to finally crack down & lose weight, & it worked until a couple months ago when I fell off & kept telling myself I would “start again tomorrow...” for like two months straight. I finally got back on track & wanted to share what worked for me now & back in April as well.

A lot of people talk about needing a lifestyle change when starting to lose weight, which I agree with, but I added physical changes unrelated to the actual weight loss as well. What I mean by that is, in addition to new eating habits, make other life changes to make things “feel” new & improved too. I’m 19, so for me that involved getting a second ear piercing & small meaningful tattoo. I get those aren’t for everyone, but the point is they are physical reminders of the “new stage” of my life, as well as a small monetary loss to motivate me to stay on track so that my spending was “worth it” & not just me getting a piercing & continuing to eat poorly.

This time around I got a nose piercing & have another small tattoo scheduled that I’m putting over my only self harm scar from four years ago. I’m also deciding to learn Mandarin (made easier by the fact I have college courses to help with this, but also youtube).

Again, point is to physically symbolize this new chapter. For me, making a big deal out of the weight loss process makes it easier to stick to than just maintaining my same lifestyle with the exception of changing my eating habits. Hope this helps someone! Not everyone needs to get get inked, but perhaps a fresh haircut, new necklace, or new workout shoes could do the job :)

submitted by /u/kourtroom
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37mpQqI

No comments:

Post a Comment