Tuesday, December 8, 2020

NSV: I bought a jumper 'in a smaller size' to work towards but it actually fitted me!

I have been enjoying buying clothing from shops in the 'normal size section' I have not done that for years, I'd feel crippling anxiety looking through the plus sizes or I just bought stuff online because I just didn't enjoy clothes shopping anymore. I was a UK size 24 edging towards a 26 and miserable :( (269lb or 19 stone 3lb)

I don't think Primark is an American thing, but Europeans will know that Primark has some very dodgy sizes. Due to my size I wasn't able to shop at Primark, I could get away with the nightwear but that was literally it. I went in the other day to pick up this jumper I saw online and I really wanted it, I was going to buy a size 18-20 because I assumed 14-16 just wouldn't fit me, because it's Primark. Currently I am wearing clothing that are size 16 or 18 (my t-shirts are still size 24 but I don't see the point in wearing new tops, I just replace my jeans when they get too big). I couldn't find a size 18-20 so I thought I'd buy the 14-16 and just use it as a way to motivate me to lose weight (especially around christmas where people are stuffing their faces xD). I tried it on in front of my mum who I explained all this to, and she said 'you know that fits you right? It's not tight and it looks nice' my mum has always been very brutal when it comes to my weight, she would happily tell me if I looked awful in something and I'd do the same back if she asked for my opinion on her outfit.

I find body dysphoria a VERY real thing when losing weight, I am constantly buying clothes in shops that are too big... (all fitting rooms are closed because of covid) I look at these sizes that I never dreamed of wearing again and thinking 'there's no way I would fit in that..' but actually I can. I was wearing size 22 jeans for ages but I was actually a size 18, I assumed the gap in my jeans wasn't enough to warrant trying a size down... but I was wrong :)

How did I get here?

Restriction of calories using lose it! with no exercise for the first 6 months and I lost around 4 stone doing that. In august I decided to start using the couch to 5K NHS app which I would recommend to ANYONE. You may think you can't run, but I struggled jogging for a minute and now I am running 6K on the treadmill and working towards 10K. It looks daunting but it will definitely surprise you what you body can do if you give it the time and effort :)

I make all my meals from scratch batch cooked, frozen and thawed on the day. This has helped me avoid the takeaways because why would I was 30-45 minutes for a takeaway when I could microwave my meal in 3 minutes? Eating dinner is never far away :) I have slowly moved over to the slimming world method (I didn't join but my friend does it) because my body started slowing down with the weight loss, I assume my body got used to my reduction of calories and wasn't shifting the weight. This is still in working progress for me, but I'm eating a lot more veggies than I was and hopefully I can reach my 6 stone target before Christmas (2lb to go!)

I've been fat all my life and here I am, you CAN do this! I know you can :)

submitted by /u/Serchus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mXNFvA

No comments:

Post a Comment