Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Proud of where this year has taken me! (25M, 70 Pounds Lost, 300 to 230)

This year has been a wild ride to say the least.

Weight loss has always been a struggle for me. I've always been highly overweight or borderline obese since I can remember back at the beginning of high school. And as I'm sure some of you are aware, kids can be pretty damn cruel which probably didn't help with my overeating at all. It was only made worse when me and my family made the move from Canada to North Carolina 6 years ago. The move didn't last for long, but it was definitely long enough to make my already terrible eating habits even worse, and the pounds gained while I was there stuck with me when we eventually came back.

I never really gave my weight much thought at all. And then the pandemic hit. I got into what could only be described as "a funk". My days mainly consisted of sleeping until 2 PM, playing Animal Crossing for several hours and stuffing my face with junk food. This was routine for at least a month. At least, it was until I stepped onto the scale for the first time in a long while and came face to face with the one thing I thought I was incapable of doing to myself. I had reached 300 pounds. I knew at this point something had to change and I was the only one who could change it. My work had been temporarily closed as we're considered non-essential and I figured that now was as good a time as any to make a difference. These were my methods for getting where I am today:

  1. Intermittent Fasting. Everyone always talks about this working wonders and I was pretty skeptical about it when I first started. I certainly can't account for whether or not it does anything for your metabolism, but for me it was a fantastic way about teaching myself self-control and that I am in control of how I eat, food does not control me.
  2. Exercise. I started with just doing a walk around the block initially, and then I eventually worked my way up to alternating daily between a half hour walk and a full hour on Ring Fit Adventure for the Nintendo Switch (which is one hell of a workout, I'll say that much.) It doesn't matter where you start, as long as you continue to try and better yourself and keep consistent.
  3. Love yourself. Tell yourself that you are worth keeping healthy. You deserve the best and you are capable of sticking to this. If you need to leave yourself notes around the house to remind you, do it. But keep planting that seed in your mind. The only person who's opinion matters is yours, so make it a positive opinion. But don't let self care be an excuse for sabotaging all of the progress you've made.

It wasn't a fast or easy process. I had tried in the past to lose weight but I always gave up at the first sign of a plateau. But I managed to stick to it this time. I am so damn proud of being able to say I am finally at a weight that I wasn't ever at even in high school! There is still progress that needs to be made (when things settle down I would love to start hitting the gym to drive the last few pounds away), but for where I'm at right now, I can say I've truly accomplished something great. I want to thank the loseit community for showing me that it could truly be done, I will be forever grateful.

https://imgur.com/a/QGFGIgP This is the progress that I have made so far, I didn't take a photo when I started, but you can at least get an idea of the difference since the start!

submitted by /u/kingbrandus111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WHIN22

No comments:

Post a Comment