Wednesday, December 23, 2020

I’m so ready! But I’m so freaked out by calorie counting

24 year old female here and suppose I’ll share my story! I’ve been overweight for most of my life but by the end of high school I hit 200 lbs at 5’6”(although I very intentionally did not weigh myself at the time so it was probably more).

I then lived in Nicaragua for a year. There was a pool and tennis courts inside the ‘quinta’ where I lived and towards the end of my time there I was swimming for half an hour 3 days a week. I also wasn’t eating any processed food and was walking most places. All of that to say, 10 months later I was down to 160 lbs and toned as hell. I should say I put absolutely no effort into weight loss, it all happened very naturally.

Fast forward a few years and my weight has fluctuated a lot in that time but I generally stayed at about 175. I really love the idea of having a healthy lifestyle! I love vegetables and I like cooking healthy meals (although I also love ice cream). After getting married I gained some weight and my husband was having some health issues and we wanted to jumpstart some better eating habits so during the first quarantine this Spring we whole30. Basically only ate paleo for a month to see how reintegrating different food groups affected our bodies. It is not a weight loss diet. In fact we weren’t supposed to weigh ourselves at all for the month. But I lost 10 pounds, which reinforced this idea that if I just have a healthy lifestyle I’ll be healthy. I gained it all back by the way. This crazy year has got me eating frozen pizza for every meal...

So that brings me to now. I have noticed that my ankles and knees are sore after everyday activities like washing dishes or doing my makeup, my back is sore when I wake up in the morning and other small things that tell me my body is affected by the weight that I’ve put on. I decided I need to make a change. I got batteries for the scale and weighed myself and was shocked to see 197 lbs. I had no idea.

I know I need to make a serious change, and I want to! But I’ve always said I’ll never count calories because it’s not a sustainable way to live. But maybe it is? Is that the only way for me to lose a significant amount of weight in America? Or can I just be more intentional about not eating sweets and processed foods and actually start working out? I really don’t want to believe that counting calories is the only way for me to lose 50 pounds, but maybe it is. I just need someone to be honest with me.

Thanks guys!

submitted by /u/lampity_em
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JhaUCg

No comments:

Post a Comment