Friday, December 4, 2020

Starting a new journey after gaining weight, a breakup, being overwhelmed and just 2020 happening…?

My life has kind of been hectic those past few months. I’ve known for a while that things weren’t going well for me, but I would’ve never thought everything would come crashing down on me. Perhaps am I only seeing the dark side of things, but lately it’s been hard to do otherwise. A few events have happened, and I think they still haven’t hit me. Deep down I know they’ve happened, but reality hasn’t sunk in yet, and I’m probably in plain denial. I’m scared to sit down and process the thoughts I’ve just been pushing away, resulting in me binge eating every single day for the past few weeks. I’m pushing myself to study and work, but it’s been getting too much. I’m exhausted and I know I have to deal with my emotions and what’s been going on, but after taking (voluntarily or involuntarily, I couldn’t say) two years off of my weight loss journey, gaining and losing the same five (and soon more than ten) pounds over and over again, I now know it’s time for me to change. I need to find myself again before it’s too late and for that, I first need to take care of my body, but I must learn how to do it again and start a new journey.

I can’t remember when I first started counting calories, but it has now become a habit. Even when I wasn’t losing any weight, I would weight and track everything I was eating, so I’m a bit scared of wandering off too far from calories counting. I’m hoping I can find help here as I’ve gotten amazing advices in the past, but none that I’ve been able to follow, perhaps because of a lack of willpower or discipline, or both.

Thank you for reading and I hope you are doing okay in those difficult times, good luck <3

submitted by /u/murishu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qo2tFQ

No comments:

Post a Comment