Saturday, December 5, 2020

This plateau seems never-ending.

Hey, so I’m 22 and I began my weight loss journey back in April when I weighed 224 lbs. I’ve lost more than 40 pounds now but since October, I’ve hit my biggest plateau ever. I weighed 182 pounds once and have never seen that number again. I swing between 183 and 185 now. My diet usually consists of healthy homemade vegetarian food that is low in fat. I allow myself to eat anywhere around 1500 calories in a day. I don’t usually exercise but since I’ve been stuck on this particular number, I’ve tried light aerobic exercises and a few minutes on the treadmill everyday. Still no difference on the scale.

I was going through a stressful time back in October and that may have had an impact on my appetite directly or indirectly. However I force-fed myself and didn’t eat anything less than 1300 calories so I’m not sure. I only have began feeling anything normal again but I’d be lying if I said that this plateau hasn’t been discouraging. I see significant changes on my body but since there isn’t any difference on the scale, I tell myself that I maybe deceiving myself.

Also, does sleep play a role in losing weight? Has anybody ever had a plateau longer than mine? I’d love to hear your experiences and all your suggestions. Thank you!

Edit - I’m 172 cms tall! (5’8)

submitted by /u/makeuppgeekk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ik69HE

No comments:

Post a Comment