Saturday, December 5, 2020

How do I break my addiction to my scale?

I have been on the roller coaster too many times, and between quarantine and drinking more, I'm at my heaviest point. So I know I need to punch my ticket to go back on the roller coaster, but I don't really want to. I'm so tired of the ride.

It's the scale. I can't break my addiction to the numbers that it gives me. I can't count the number of times that I'll start, get rewarded by the scale for the first week or two... and then BAM! No weight loss or even a gain. And then it becomes "well what was the point of doing all that work and being miserable working out and being hungry all time" if there's no reward for my effort, which spirals into me giving up. Again.

But I NEED the scale. I need that thing that is going to be honest and objective and not give a shit about any of my excuses, justifications, or rationalizations about how my week went. People are just like "just eat healthy and don't step on the scale." I tried that and then after a month I didn't lose anything.

I have to figure out how to not just give up the second the scale disagrees with me. I know there's all that psychology stuff about how I need an intrinsic motivation because the scale is like an extrinsic thing. Same stuff I was taught with my students. And like my students, that A on the test feels real good.

submitted by /u/jerseydevil51
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33Mc5AO

No comments:

Post a Comment