Monday, January 25, 2021

I forgot how slow it is - but feeling great!

Hi Losers!

Quick stats to start: F31 5'6 SW 218 CW 169

In 2019 I lost 50 pounds through Intermittent Fasting. When I was first losing I exercised a lot (ran, weights etc). I lost 50 pounds and my lowest weight was 168 in Dec 2019 (I think for about a day), haha.

Thankfully this is not a story where I gained it all back as I successfully maintained for a year. I work in HR so although I will not pretend like I am a frontline work and I know lots of people have way more stressful jobs but my job was extremely stressful at the beginning of Covid (and pretty much all of 2020). Lay people off, terminating, constant policy changes that people were not following, managing stress of our leaders etc. (again not saying it is the most stressful job but it wore me down). My mental health plummeted. Point being - damn I am proud of myself for maintaining.

Well, the fog is lifting and after maintaining I am back on the "lose it train". I ate a bit more chocolate than I should have over Christmas (okay a lot more) so my starting weight this go around was 172. 3 weeks in and down to 169. Feeling great - doing great but damn I forgot how much this sucks and how slow it is. Hop on the scale each morning expecting miracles and up half a pound? WHAT - THE AUDACITY. Remembering the downward trend is what counts.

Being kind to myself and remembering that the first 50 was easier than the next 20 will be.

TLDR: I forgot how slow weight loss is.

submitted by /u/hillfra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a1wlkb

No comments:

Post a Comment