Monday, January 25, 2021

NSV: I can bend my elbows when touching the ground

Hey everyone! For some reason my flair is pretty wonky, maybe you can see it but it disappears for me. Just in case though, I'm 23F, 5'9, SW: 206, CW: 202, GW: 140.

Prior to my weight loss journey, I was attending yoga classes once a week. I still do and additionally, I do it more often on my own. I've always been pretty flexible and didn't have much trouble touching the ground with my legs straight. However, at my heaviest (211 lbs - I didn't include it in my SW because I lost it kind of unintentionally) I barely scraped the floor with fingernails.

After just about 6 classes, I could reach the ground with most of my palms. Now, I decided to check just for fun if I could possibly bend my elbows while my palms are flat. It turns out I could do that! It's not something drastic, my arms create approximately a 150 degree angle.

It's the fact that the last time I could achieve something like that was about 12 years ago. I used to be a wildly active kid (nothing competitive or so, just happened to spend most of my free time playing outdoors with peers) at the lower end of a healthy weight spectrum.

It may not seem like a big deal since I'm very young and haven't been obese for long but there's more to unwrap. I had several mental disorders, including depression, and around 21 it got so severe that I was practically bedridden. I only got up to use the toilet and eat whatever I could find. Now luckily I'm feeling much better and can take care of my body too.

submitted by /u/smilingquokka2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2M1Wnf3

No comments:

Post a Comment