Friday, January 1, 2021

I want you to get results but enjoy the process too

Hating your body, eating food you find gross, and doing workouts you dread are an option. It may lead to faster results but it wouldn't be sustainable. However, another option exists:

You can choose to feel great during this weight loss process. Make workout time fun - by pumping up the music, doing it with a friend, and selecting activities that you truly enjoy. Eat nourishing foods that you personally find delicious, and don't be so restrictive. Lastly, learn positive self-talk- you can still be kind to your body even if you are trying to lose weight.

Here are some personal examples to illustrate this:

1) Exercise - I used to go on walks while calling a friend, this would make the time go by quickly and was also a great way to catch up with her.

2) Nutrition- Rice is a staple food in my culture, so instead of cutting it out completely (and restricting myself) I try to eat it every other day. And when I do have it, I load it up with veges and protein so that I can eat less of it and still feel full.

3) Mindset- I actively try not to compare myself to others, and instead compare myself to where I was last year, year before, etc. I appreciate and celebrate non scale victories - such as having a better mood and greater self-esteem.

Wishing you all the fun and happiness! Best of luck in your journey :)

submitted by /u/star_786
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KSNB2n

No comments:

Post a Comment