Thursday, February 4, 2021

100lbs gone, many to go - I want to reduce my daily calories

Cis woman - 30 - 5'8" - SW: 467 - CW: 352.6

I'd like some assistance crunching numbers. I have some lofty goals for the next six months that I'd like to buckle down and achieve. I'm currently 352.6lbs, and would like to see 300 by July 15th. No special event planned, it's just the time frame that I can see myself getting to that goal. I currently have been doing 2-3lbs loss a week.

Last year, I lost 100lbs by eating at 1800 calories a day. I got a new doc last year who told me he wanted me to eat at 1500 calories, but I wasn't ready at the time. I'm currently at 352.6lbs and have been eating 1600 calories a day over the last two and a half months. I'm comfortable here for the most part, and occasionally still have challenging days because of issues with bingeing.

I feel like I can get to 300 by mid-July or so if I keep up the pace I had last year. It was a bit easier to drop a large number because of how large I was (last year I averaged 12.5 a month over 8 months), but if I can keep a 2lb/week pace up for the next 5 months, then I'd be thrilled.

I'm tempted to step this down to 1400 and see how I feel going at that pace for a short time. If I didn't lower my calorie goal for the set time period, would it be worth it to maybe mix in lower calorie days every so often?

Medical considerations: I have Hashimoto's disease and an extremely high TSH level (TSH was 33 when diagnosed last year, TSH of 22 as of last month). I've heard this affects your metabolism and weight loss. The bingeing is getting under control now. I switched PCP's and am on a low dose of topamax for migraines caused by my thyroid issues, which has an added benefit of curbing the compulsive eating. So far, 10 out of 10, huge improvement all around. My binges went from 2-3 a week to maybe once a month. I can deal with that haha.

I feel like now is the right time to make this happen, and would like to crowd source some ideas. I will not be increasing my calorie count from 1600 as I simply don't need it. How far can I step down? Thanks!

submitted by /u/TrollTan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MCHDU2

No comments:

Post a Comment