Monday, February 15, 2021

288 days in

This is a check in, mainly for myself, partly to give someone a look into the process during the weight loss and not before or after.

I'm 288 days in. I took a break from counting calories and sticking strictly to my goal for half of November and all of December. It was nice, I didn't gain anything, didn't lose anything. It gave me a nice stress break since my masters classes were also off during that time.

I've lost 43lbs.

I've gone from class three obesity to class one obesity. Still obese but much less at risk for the health risks that come from being class three or two.

I've made some strides learning and growing in my professional life.

I finished my first semester of masters classes with a 4.0

I injured and then successfully healed from a wrist injury, and got back to weight lifting which I love.

My mental health is good, I've been focusing on being grateful for everything I have.

I still have a long way to go, I'm F27, 5'10, I started at 285, I'm at 242, and I want to get to 160. I know this process takes time, and I am using that time to learn how to eat and move like the thin fit version of me I want to be.

Now that I can weight lift again and the winter is almost over, I can start being more active again, hiking, walking, etc, instead of being so sedentary from being freezing all the time.

Last thought, it's hard mentally because I'm doing everything right but it's still going to take months and months before I look like someone who is doing everything right. Being patient is not something I've been particularly good at in the past, so doing this slowly, carefully and sustainably is hard in the sense that my instincts tell me to do the opposite. There is this feeling that I should be more miserable, that I'm not doing enough, that if I just did xyz I could lose faster "just for a bit".

I am worth going slow and actually succeeding this time, not taking short cuts, not going full speed then burning out, and not comparing my success to others'.

submitted by /u/aridyin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pq0dML

No comments:

Post a Comment