Thursday, February 18, 2021

4 years later I think I got this down. Kinda long post.

Hello... it feels weird posting here about success. Like I feel like I'm bragging, but I swear I'm trying to help. Hopefully this goes over well

I'm a 5'4 women. A little over 4 years ago I was pregnant with my first and at 9months I was 240lbs. A month after they were born I got married. I saw pics from my wedding and HATED how I looked. It was my "come to Jesus" moment. I wanted to keep up with my kid, I wanted to be here and participate, I wanted to be a good influence. I started counting calories. Started seeing a doctor that specialized in weight loss and started a medication to address my anxiety and ADHD. 2ish years later I working out about 3 times a week and down to 160. My relationship with food wasn't the best, it was obsessive.

Then there was pregnancy, which was hard, allowing myself to gain and trying to remember it was normal and healthy. And then loss. A year of grief (aka binge drinking and pizza every weekend) and healing (so much therapy).

Got down to 180 and decided to try again. So Another pregnancy! One where I had a much healthier relationship with food.

Baby is now 3 months old. I'm just under my pre pregnancy weight at 178.6 as of this morning. Eating just under 1600 a day (I'm nursing so that burns a couple hundred calories a day.

I just want to share what I've learned these past 4 years. Because I did the fad diets. I did the binge eating and fasting and suffered the guilt. I've now worked with doctors, therapists, personal trainers and educators to learn how to live well.

If you have a mental illness, try to get help. Medication or therapy or both. I know its not available to everyone,, but its something i learned. I impulse bought things and would stress eat.

The hardest truth for me was that carbs are not bad, your source of carbs can be though. Fruits and veggies are carbs. Get your carbs from plants. Women need atleast 130g of carbs. I'm still working on this actually.

Rice is okay. Half of cup of brown rice is fine.

If you keep telling yourself a food is off limit, you're going to snap and binge and then hate yourself. So just have a bit. Read what the serving is, give yourself an amount that wount mess with your calories too much. (Like a Russell stover vday chocolate is only 60 calories. You can have one) Savour said treat too. Feel it in your mouth, think about the flavors and textures.

Fake sugar will send you into a sugar craving episode. Not a good time. (I'm looking at you atkins treats)

Take your slice or two of pizza and then eat a big serving of veggies after. For me pizza makes me into a black hole, eating veggies after plugged said hole.

If you want a cookie, go to a bakery and buy a single cookie, then you don't have a boxfull tempting you at home. If its a giant cookie break it in half, then you have cookie for tomorrow too! Or make your treats at home. Less processed, more control about what goes into them. Also a good way to decide if you really want that treat. Do you really want to put all the work in to bake them? Do you have the time?

Try to make most things from scratch.

Have the pasta, just don't have a plate as big as your face. Have like a babies face worth of pasta.

Plant based foods are your friend. Food cooked from scratch is your friend. Fibrous foods are your friend. Keep it to what the nutritional label labels one serving or less, you'd be surprised how well this works.

You can have a drink. Infact if I'm having a sugar craving I'll have a serving of wine or hard liquor. And sip it. Yes, I will sip an ounce of whiskey. In fact I like adding a splash of water to it. Its got sugar and its not fun to chug.

Can't get to the gym? House work can be a great way to burn calories. Completely serious. Deep clean for an hour and you will be sweating.

Tea and carbonated water are fun. I like carbonated mineral water. Black tea is my favorite.

submitted by /u/Brilliant-Biscotti93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bj73OX

No comments:

Post a Comment