Monday, February 1, 2021

I'm taking a much needed break from my weight loss attempt

Hello, I'm F23, 173cm, SW 100kg - CW 77kg - 1st GW 70kg. I've been doing CICO, IF 16:8 and since the last month OMAD, walking about 12k steps 3-5 times a week since the end of October and until now as you can see I've lost a whopping 23kg (~50lbs). I'm very proud of what I've achieved and I'm counting down to the days I hit my first goal weight (my ultimate goal weight is around 60-63kg). However I've decided to take a small break from my current diet.

Because last Wednesday, I fainted.

Well, it's not exactly fainting I guess? I was lying in bed then standing up to turn off the lights and all of sudden I found myself on the floor. It happened within seconds and I didn't completely lose consciousness but I also couldn't recall the exact moment I fell. It was like something in my body switched off and yeah, I collapsed. Landed face down and hit my chin pretty hard, got a massive bruise which makes SO MANY people think I got beaten up, lol. The next day I went to the doctor for a thorough check up, and fortunately there was nothing wrong with me - except I'm showing signs of iron deficiency anemia and lacking some minerals, which I got IV for. No supplements needed just yet, I just need to adjust my diet and eat a wider variety of food.

Yeah that was the wake up call. I've realized that the closer I am to my goal weight, the more impatient I become and since I don't even know exactly when, I was pushing myself too hard and under eating by a huge margin. And by that I mean I was consuming less than 1000kcal a day, roughly 700-800kcal approximately. Seeing the number on the scale go down was so satisfying I forgot that I'm a functioning human, a student struggling with a double major and a job that's currently in exam season and hasn't had any decent sleep for about a month now.

So yeah I've consulted the doctor and a nutritionist, and I'm officially stepping down from my diet for a short while. In the upcoming 2-3 weeks I will go back to eating multiple meals a day to make sure my blood sugar is stabilized and slowly increase the amount as well as the variety of food I consume. I plan to ease up a little and maintain my current weight, or keep losing but at most only 2kg within a month.

I write this post as a reminder to myself that losing weight is supposed to be for the sake of my health so if it's achieved by harming my health then it defeats the entire point of it. I'd also like to advise anyone who's similar to me - impatient weight loss challengers, that your body needs time to adjust to the changes you're making, and you should be mindful of every decision you make regarding your health.

Good luck to everyone!

submitted by /u/Tired_Broccoli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j7hdpj

No comments:

Post a Comment