Sunday, February 14, 2021

My massage therapist (who hasn't seen me in two months) got so excited and fawned over me today about my weight loss! I feel like a million bucks~

For the past couple of months I've been on a very strict low-calorie diet through a program called Optavia. I get about 1000 calories a day give or take, and while it's meant to be formulated so I get all the nutrition I need in a day, the primary goal underlying it all seems to be CICO. It's worked extremely well for me, and for the past month or so I've lost 4 lbs per week. Aside from some light swimming exercise a few times per week primarily for mental health reasons, I have a largely sedentary lifestyle, so 1000 calories a day is enough for me to subsist on. My start weight (some ambiguity due to scale differences - I started my diet at my parents' place then returned home) was around 250 lbs, and I am 23F, ~5'7.5". My CW is ~230 lbs (I weigh again tomorrow so probably less), and my GW is currently 160 lbs (although I might push for 150 - we'll see).

I went to a massage appointment for the first time in two months today with my usual massage therapist, and I was hoping she might notice a difference, because if I'm being honest I kind of haven't (I regret not taking a "before" picture for comparison). When I asked her, she got very excited, said she was actually about to tell me she had noticed, and fawned all over me about how much of a difference there was in every part of my body - even my face! She's usually relatively quiet, so it was even more gratifying that she got so excited for me about my weight loss. She told me that when next I come to her she expects to see me even thinner!

Due to the pandemic I haven't seen a lot of people, and the ones I have seen haven't commented. It was nice to finally get some recognition and validation, especially from one of the only people who knows my body intimately since it's her job. I figured if anyone was going to notice, it would be her.

submitted by /u/AlbelNoxroxursox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b7SC0c

No comments:

Post a Comment