Sunday, February 14, 2021

What are your weight loss “rules”?

I’m reading a book right now on weight loss and one of the steps is making a set of rules for yourself. I’ve found them extremely helpful. I get such decision fatigue and knowing that I have a set of rules to follow, means the decision is made. Done. Nothing to debate.

My rules (so far) are:

  1. Write EVERY bite. You’ll go over on planned occasions and that’s ok.

  2. Get whatever you want at a restaurant, but eat half and bring the rest home. It’s also ok to leave it and not bring it home.

  3. No eating before noon or after dinner (per my intermittent fasting plan)

  4. While making food, only eat to taste test. No mindless eating of ingredients or scraps. (Can’t not taste something before serving it).

  5. No finishing other people’s meals/snacks/desserts. You’re not a trash can.

  6. No snacking within 1 hr of a meal.

  7. Always leave one bite. (To practice not cleaning my plate)

  8. No eating standing up. (Keeps me from standing at the pantry and snacking)

It’s not perfect and it’s not all I’m doing, but it really helps. Especially the no standing up and no finishing other people’s food rules. I catch myself tempted to do both several times a day.

I’d love to hear “rules” you’ve set for yourself that you find helpful.

submitted by /u/MyUglyKitty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3jPb3KR

No comments:

Post a Comment