Friday, February 5, 2021

PLEASE HELP!

Hi everyone. My name is Tom, I'm 20 years old, 5ft 7, and currently weigh 145 pounds with around 20-25% body fat.

I have been on a weight loss journey since June 2020 in which I started at 185 pounds. I've lost a fair amount but this was due to extreme practices such as 14-day water fasts and massive calorie deficits (as low as 1200) for rapid weight loss.

for the past 2 months, I've lost practically no weight despite still being in a 20%+ calorie deficit, resistance training an hour a day, having incredibly good macros, and walking 10,000 steps a day as well. My maintenance calories are meant to be 2400 minimum with my level of activity and I'm currently eating at 1800 calories a day with 40% protein (to maintain muscle whilst on the deficit), 30% fat (all healthy fat sources such as salmon, avocado, olive oil) and 30% carbs (not refined, whole grains, sweet potatoes, vegetables, fruits)

- This follows a recomposition program however I have not lost any fat in 2 months. I'm getting exactly the same caliper readings as before I started the program.

I'm completely stuck on what to do, Scientifically there's no way I shouldn't be losing fat, I'm eating fewer calories than my body actually needs. I've been looking through many diets online and it seems split on what the best way to lose fat is.

Some nutritionists suggest a keto-like diet with about 10% carb intake, 60% fat and 30% protein. Most suggest exactly the diet I'm on now (that being 20% deficit from TDEE, balanced macros, and all healthy sources of each macro)

I'm completely lost, nothing seems to be working and I want to lose 10% body fat in the next 4 months. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I ALSO INTERMITTENT FAST USING 16:8 METHOD (8 HOUR FEEDING WINDOW)

submitted by /u/lifeofclem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39P68Go

No comments:

Post a Comment