Sunday, March 21, 2021

A very emotional small victory

16F SW: 176 CW: 153

Hey guys it’s me again.

So, I posted a few weeks ago my achievement of losing 20 pounds! (176-156lbs). This was a huge deal for me as I’ve always tried to lose weight and nothing has ever worked, I’m so proud! However, I also made some posts about how strange my body has been the past 2 weeks, retaining water and gaining weight the whole week. I’ve been doing this long enough to know it’s just water, and I couldn’t have ate 3500 calories ABOVE maintenance to gain 1 pound of fat. But I didn’t lose weight that week, which when you’ve been on a roll is disheartening, but I didn’t give up and went into the next week open minded. Eventually, by Thursday I was back down to 11 stone 1lbs (155lbs), which was great, but was still hoping for a loss. This past Saturday, I stepped on the scale and had gone down to 11st (154lbs)!!! Was relieved and happy to know I wasn’t in a plateau, thank you to all the people who gave me advice about my water retention, it really helped. However, it’s Sunday now (21st March 2021), I stepped on the scale, hoping to still be 154 pounds and not gain water weight even though I’d been in my deficit perfectly. To my absolute suprise, I had got down to 10st 13 lbs (153lbs). I honestly could cry. My goal weight is 10st (140lbs) and seeing that number made me feel AMAZING. It’s so insane that I’m in the weight range for my goal weight. Yes, I still have 13 pounds to go, but I’m taking this small victory and running with it, I’m so proud of myself for getting this far. I just wanted say, anyone who’s on a weight loss journey and their weight has stayed the same for a week or so, or you’re holding onto more water, KEEP GOING! If anything, this was a blessing in disguise as I’ve learnt the scale only shows one side of the story! Even though I had more water weight, my body was still using up fat storages, and I was losing that pound a week, it was just masked by water retention. And funnily enough, I took my measurements today and my waist has lost 2 inches, please don’t just rely on the scale! Trust me, as soon as the body adjusts, however long it’s been since you had your last loss, you’ll probably get a small “whoosh” effect, it feels incredible. Again, thank you so much for everyone who has supported me and gave me advice over this weird phase, I appreciate you all immensely!

submitted by /u/lurkerec123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3raXiZ4

No comments:

Post a Comment