Saturday, March 20, 2021

Almost there! Have questions about maintenance.

Title says it all, I'm almost at my final goal weight! Only 4 pounds away so I should be there in a month or so if I keep it up.

I'm pretty excited, but I'm curious about a couple of things and I want to be prepared for when the time comes.

When it comes to starting back up on maintenance calories, how should I go about it? I no longer experience the urges or appetite to overeat that caused me to become overweight in the first place, so that's not a problem. I'm just wondering... how to begin maintenance, for the first time. It's a bit of a foreign concept to me. So far all I've known throughout my life is either overeating or eating at a deficit. According to a few TDEE calculators I used, my maintenance calories at my goal weight should roughly be around 1950-2000 calories/day. Knowing this, would it be a better idea to just start eating like that immediately after hitting my goal, or building up to it slowly? Any pros/cons to going about either way? I'm a little cautious about gaining any weight back.

Also have one more question. Not sure how many of you have experienced hair loss (telogen effluvium) during your weight loss journeys. I personally have lost probably about 40% of my hair. It used to be quite thick, it still looks somewhat okay but it's noticeably thinner and there's much less on the top/sides. With the right amount of protein, vitamins and maintenance calories, how long should it take to grow back?

Thank you for dealing with me and my noob maintenance questions. You're all crushing it! :)

submitted by /u/ltb_3038160
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OVj4D9

No comments:

Post a Comment