Thursday, March 11, 2021

Another frustrating scale post

I've seen some frustration about how people's scales don't seem to be moving in the right direction, and this prompted me to talk about my situation atm.

I've list around 40 pounds in the past year and a half. I feel super accomplished about this since I started losing weight once I injured my ACL/meniscus. Since then, I've gone through a surgery, a breakup, and a pandemic. Go me!

Once the new year set in, and vaccine news started rolling in, I've made big changes to the way I eat so that I can "accelerate" my weight loss before the summer starts here in Northeast US.

These include:

1) Only using avocado oil spray instead of olive oil/butter

2) Cooking eggs in a ceramic container in the microwave with no oil

3) Tracking my rest day/active day calories and macros on a daily basis

4) Almost completely stopped binge drinking. Last year I still drank plenty (beer too) and lose weight, now I've been sticking to mixed drinks with no cal mixers.

5) Doing two-a-days almost every day. Working out once during my lunch break (I WFH), and once in the evening (kettlebells/cardio/bodyweight)

Needless to say, after 2 months and a half, the scale has not budged. I mean AT ALL. I started out at 170 min going into 2021, and the scale this morning read 171.5..

Am I fitting better in my clothes? Yes. Am I getting compliments about my weight loss and muscle gain? Yes. Can I start seeing my abs? Yes.

This was basically a rant but I think once you get to a certain point where you're plateauing, its better to focus on the NSVs! Carry on my friends

submitted by /u/alabrasa240
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30w0BiC

No comments:

Post a Comment