Thursday, March 11, 2021

Becoming a bit obsessed.. and wondering if it means I have an eating disorder?

  • Starting weight 310lbs
  • Current weight 281.8lbs
  • Weight lost - 28.2lbs
  • Goal weight 137lbs
  • Left to go 144.8lbs

I’m on day 73 of my weight loss journey and it’s going really well so far. I’ve lost 28.2 pounds.

I’m extremely sedentary due to a bad back and fibromyalgia so per my doctors orders I’m on a 1200 calorie a day plan. Aiming for 140g of protein a day.

Before I get into my question I want to preface it by noting that I have bipolar and ptsd and adhd. So I’m in therapy weekly and on a lot of medication. I think this is relevant because I might be hyperfocusing (adhd symptom) or possibly being hypomanic (bipolar symptom) so my issue could be explained via my mental illnesses.

But anyway. Since I’ve been on my weight loss journey I’ve become super preoccupied with all things food / weight loss. I’ve been spending all my free time planning out meals and checking my fitness pal and happy scale and looking up recipes and calories and stuff like that. I wasn’t into any of this before the weight loss journey started. And now it’s like I can’t think about anything else.

Basically I’m wondering is this normal when people first start weight loss journeys? Or if this is an eating disorder? Should I be telling my therapist / psychiatrist about this?

submitted by /u/292to137
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OeCMJR

No comments:

Post a Comment