Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Comments about my weight loss are making me incredibly uncomfortable

This might not be the right place. for this but it’s been on my mind snd idk where else to post this...

My (23F) staring weight was 270 at 5’10.

I didn’t hate how i looked at my starting weight and have always been confident in my body and was able to feel good even at my largest. I’m losing weight because i want to be healthy and i want to avoid the afflictions of some of my family members...

Ive lost a total of approx 35lbs in 6 months (including regaining about 10 during the holidays) and people will not stop commenting on my body.

I dont see too many people because of covid but I recently went to my partners parents house after they’ve been fully vaccinated and his mom kept talking about how much better i looked and how I should’ve done it sooner and she can’t wait to see me once i’ve lost all the weight, etc. She would also use me as an example that my partner also needed to lose weight and basically called him ugly and said he could look so much better if he lost weight “since I was able to do it. “

I’m conflicted because i am proud of the work i’ve put in but they way they describe it just makes me so sad. I wasn’t ugly before and i don’t really look “better” i just look a bit different. The way they’re congratulating my weight loss and making fun of my partner for not losing weight makes me feel like they saw me as a less than human person before i started losing weight.

I always knew i was treated different/worse for being fat but I guess it’s kinda jarring to see people be so open about it.

I knew with losing weight that people would notice and probably comment but this just makes me feel sad and gross and i really really hope that comments like this aren’t the norm when you lose weight.

submitted by /u/PoliticalBitch69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dXrrIj

No comments:

Post a Comment