Monday, March 1, 2021

Is this really how moderation and weight loss works?

I’ve struggled with moderation for my entire life. I’m either a perfectionist or I don’t give a crap at all.

Today we were out with our boys and decided to grab Taco Bell. According to my mfp calculation I would readily consume my entire calorie allotment (1500) in one meal. Today I had fewer calories (450) for lunch at Taco Bell than I did yesterday when I ate my “healthy lunch” of a tofu scramble and salad.

I don’t feel sick or stuffed.. but I do feel so much anxiety.

It’s the same feeling that I had when I had a 150 calorie protein bar with my plain latte this afternoon.

Please tell me that a little bit of fast food or processed food won’t derail my efforts and keep me at this weight for my entire life so long that I stay under my calorie goal. I know plenty of people had to have achieved weight loss while moderating treats and fast food and processed foods. I feel like I just can’t convince myself that it’s okay. 🥺

ETA: I have been tracking for 3 weeks and have lost about 8 lbs. I eat a mostly whole foods, vegetarian diet. The anxiety drops up when I stray from my whole foods diet for something processed, even though it isn’t often. I feel like I’m going crazy because I can look at my mfp showing my weight loss and calories remaining and feel like a failure for having 450 cal of Taco Bell over 450 calories of beans and veggies, even though it’s maybe twice a week at most. I feel out of control it certain ways about labeling foods strictly as good or bad.

submitted by /u/caliberry1991
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3reu64s

No comments:

Post a Comment