Sunday, March 21, 2021

Does your body look different depending on how you lose weight?

Hi, hope I am allowed to post this here. I lost weight over the course of 2018-2019, SW 89kg and reached 70kg. I am 5'2" F.

Unfortunately I suffered a bereavement and then regained the weight through comfort eating. I reached 88kg and have been losing weight since around mid-2020 up until now. I am 72 kg now.

I have noticed a lot of differences in my body this time round. I don't know if its perhaps because I'm older, but I'm not that much older. I was early 20s for the first round and now I'm in my mid twenties.

The first time I lost weight, I focused a lot on exercise (cardio, not weights). I would attend classes at the gym 4 times a week, more if I could. I went swimming every fortnight. I still ate quite a lot of food though, not really restricting at all, so the weight came off slowly.

This second time I've lost weight, I haven't been able to access the gym. I don't do well with home/park workouts, so I've been focusing on getting my steps in daily and restricting my calories, in a way that I didn't the first time I lost weight. My diet has been a lot better this time round, way more whole foods, fruit and veg, taking supplements. I feel better in and of myself, but I haven't done hard cardio the way I would at the gym for over a year.

My body looks so different! Before I mainly lost weight off my stomach, legs and waist, and shrank everywhere at a consistent but slower pace. My face remained chubby for a long time, only shrinking towards the 74kg mark.

This time my butt, boobs and face shrunk very quickly. I haven't really lost weight on my stomach, legs or waist. Weight in other areas is just not coming off. I look quite bloated as my stomach is bigger than my butt or boobs. My face looks too skinny for someone my size.

This is all based off measurements, photos and the way my clothes fit. To be honest I'm not as happy with the weight loss this time round, as my body just looks saggy. I hate the weight on my stomach but I can't seem to shift it. The first time round I got comments like 'your waist has come back' or 'you look much better in your clothes'. This time I've been told I look unwell, that I need a smaller bra. I've always had a big butt, even when I was 9 stone, which I was teased for when I was younger and then became fashionable as I got older. My boyfriend told me that my butt looks deflated, and that it looks flat for the first time since he's known me.

Does weight loss occur differently if your regime is different? I assumed it would happen the same because it is still the same body, but I feel upset that the results are so different this time round.

submitted by /u/Googlybooglyoogly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/393JF7N

No comments:

Post a Comment