Saturday, March 6, 2021

Don’t always choose sedentary when looking at tdee.

A lot of people recommend sedentary no matter what your life style is and often recommend 1,200 calories for women despite their lifestyle.

My sedentary would have me at 1,400 to lose 1 pound a week. Well I really thought that was wrong and that my actual tdee was closer to 2300 so I could eat 1700 and lose a pound per week. A lot of people suggested to me that I eat 1200 and it wasn’t possible my tdee was that high.

Well I’ve been eating 1700 for 4 weeks now and have been losing 2 pounds a week (so from 180 to 172) at a very steady rate. I went to the doctor a few days ago and he took measurements and ran some tests to find out my fat/muscle composition and asked a lot of questions about my activity levels and determined my tdee was definitely between 2500-2800.

He recommended I stay above 1500 since I’m apparently pretty active and he thinks I need the extra calories. I waitress and have a second job as an artist (doing murals or teaching) so I’m on my feet for 8+ hours a day and run for a mile or 2 run in the morning and life weights and stuff)

In other words if you really feel your tdee is higher than sedentary they just try it higher for a few weeks. Give it 3 weeks at 1500 or 1700 or even 2000 and see if you notice any changes. There is no rush in weight loss. I actually only wanted to lose 1 pound a week because I only have 30 (22 now) to lose so I was just gonna get it done in 30 weeks.

If you notice changes then just stay at that higher calorie until you stop seeing changes. If you don’t see changes then you can lower it. It’s all trial and error. You don’t have to eat 1200 a day being an active person and feeling like crap because you’re burning so much. Do what’s best for you and don’t believe everyone who preaches always choosing sedentary despite your activity level. If you’re active you’ll appreciate the extra calories and your workouts will thank you.

submitted by /u/coffeeandtea12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bkfP0s

No comments:

Post a Comment