Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Down 30 lbs in a year!

It was a bumpy ride, folks. I started in March 2020. Highest: 81.5kg/180 lbs. Current: 68kg/150 lbs. Height: 169cm/5'6"

Firstly, I gave myself 7 months to lose 13.5kg/30 lbs. I failed at that. I managed to lose 9.5kg/20lbs. I was lifting, running, biking and generally getting stronger, which felt successful. The pounds just weren't peeling off the way I had thought they would. Maybe I was more tired after baby #2. Maybe turning 43 and metabolism changes had something to do with it. Maybe I wasn't trying hard enough, or could have been more restrictive with my diet. Maybe it was autoimmune exhaustion (Crohn's disease). Probably all combined contributed to sluggish weight loss.

So by that 7 month marker I had given myself, I had lost 9.5kg/20 lbs and gained a LOT of strength. I was pretty pleased, despite not making my goal. I kept at it.

Then came a 6 week course of prednisone to help my Crohn's. I gained 5kg/10 lbs in under 2 weeks. That shocked me, and I was very careful about what I ate after that. I didn't gain any more.

Them came winter. Slippery sidewalks, darkness, lots of snow, cold weather. Our home gym is in an unheated garage. I stopped working out. Started restricting calories for a nice, slow loss of about a pound a week. Went plant-based until my Crohn's complained. I'm still figuring that out.

But now it's almost Spring. Sticking to it through the year despite setbacks has worked out. I changed my plan as circumstances dictated, and kept going. Stayed positive. I still have another 5 lbs of muscle to gain and another 5 of fat to lose, but I can just chip away at that as well. Who knows? I might not be satisfied with 5 more lbs of muscle. I might want to keep lifting and growing and become a beast. And to anyone out there chipping away at their fitness and body, remember that determination and dedication count for more than motivation. Just keep going.

submitted by /u/fibonacci_veritas
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sFm1Wy

No comments:

Post a Comment