Monday, March 8, 2021

Fuck Mondays, we don't know 'em

F25, 5'10, SW 171, CW 141, GW leaner and stronger

As I was approaching the one year anniversary of my weight loss journey, I had a realization. For years I’ve been yo-yoing with my weight and every now and then, whenever I would get just a hint of motivation, the first thought that would always come to my mind would be “I’ll start on Monday”. The fact that it was Wednesday when I would said that obviously led me to other five days of eating crap. I mean I was totally justified, I said that I would start on Monday and it wasn’t Monday yet. And I wondered how I couldn’t lose weight, ha.

Now, I can say that I successfully shred 30lbs off my body, despite having a few binging episode and weeks (*coff* months *coff*, hello summer yes I’m referring to you) where I just didn’t feel like counting calories. So of course I slipped and had to get back on track several times. Which for the record I did, sometimes sooner, other later. But guess what?

I didn’t start once on Monday.

Don’t wait for a new week, new month or even a new year. I know that it sounds easier, hell I dare to say tempting. To get a clean cut, starting from scratch, like it would erase all those failed attempts. It might even feel like you’re getting a boost of serotonin from the mere thought of starting on a blank page. At least that’s how I felt. But deep down you know that it’s actually harder. Because you feel a lot worst if you screw up on that specific date.

What I learned during this last year, is that you have the power to trick your brain and decide where that blank page opens. You don't have to wait for life or time to start writing your own story, you can pick up the pen and just doodle something. I'd recommend starting with: “Fuck Mondays, we don’t know ‘em”. It's worth it, I promise.

submitted by /u/moerslover
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MW6oe7

No comments:

Post a Comment