Saturday, March 6, 2021

Gained a ton from depression eating and heavy drinking in the fall but have lost ~2/3 of the weight in two months!

I’m posting here because my friends don’t really care that much/encourage me but I (21F) have lost 18 lbs since Dec 31st! I was extremely depressed in the fall (have struggled with it on and off for years) and as a result I was drinking heavily, working out less, and eating whatever I wanted. As a result of that I gained nearly 30 lbs from spring to fall of 2020, and I’m really proud of the steps I’ve taken to get healthy.

I finally found a med combination that’s improved my depression considerably (also depresses appetite, which helps a bit with the weight loss) and since it’s started working I’ve found the motivation to work out more often and cut my drinking down significantly, which I consider a huge win because I’m in college and go to a HUGE party school. Drinking and drunk eating was my biggest problem, but I’ve also decreased portion sizes since I started this. I’m not sure what the form is for listing stats here, but here’s my journey so far:

5’6” 21F SW: 187.7 lbs CW: 169.2 lbs GW: Under 160 (155 would be ideal)

I still have a bit to lose but it looks like I should be where I want to be in another two months! My fitness has greatly improved- I’m running a LOT faster and having better workouts, and my old clothes are fitting again, though I still don’t want to go shopping anytime soon 😅 I’ve always had a “bigger” or “thicker” build, but I realized that having that much weight just wasn’t healthy and I’m so glad I’m on this journey. I appreciate everyone here and kudos to you for taking steps towards a healthier life! It’s not easy, but we’ve got this!

submitted by /u/AStruggling8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c6jKNu

No comments:

Post a Comment