Saturday, March 6, 2021

My experience with weight loss and plateaus

I (27 year old male) started weight loss a couple years ago at 220 lbs, 5’11. I acordioned a few times until my most recent attempt starting at 195. I’m down to 175 on my way to 155, and I want to speak to those experiencing plateaus.

Plateaus are that tedious, disheartening phase when the scale will not budge. You’re keeping to the calorie count and everything! Why won’t it go down? This question is what I want to answer.

When you keep a calorie deficit, your body is burning fat or muscle. It has to. So why won’t the weight go down? Because your body is also holding on to a bunch of water. What happened with me was almost like clock work. I would keep a deficit, the scale stayed put, until one day I had to pee like CRAZY. Your plateau could just be your body getting ready to piss out LITERAL POUNDS OF WATER. I know it sucks to not see the scale number moving, but know that your fat is being burned if you’re keeping a deficit! That water is gonna come off soon, since there’s less fat to hold it in! The scale number is gonna move in time!

As a minor post-script, this anecdote assumes you are like me and barely workout. Muscles can change the entire weight calculus. But again, whatever the scale says, if the calorie balance is in a deficit, your body is burning at least some fat!

submitted by /u/gravyTrain93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c5BxV7

No comments:

Post a Comment