Saturday, March 6, 2021

Is it time to stop keto?

Hey y’all, I know this isn’t the keto subreddit but I’d like opinions from everyone! I’m 22F 5’ 4” SW: 257 CW: 205 GW:175, started September 1st now here we are! I work out a lot and make sure to be in a calorie deficit, on average I eat 1200 calories a day and burn a total 3,000 a day. I no longer have cravings, and honestly I’m never really hungry, however tired a lot of the time (cuz of the low carb intake). I drink a ton of water, make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep, drink at least one cup of green tea a day, and do not snack after dinner. I’ve loved being keto these past 6 months, it has definitely kick started my journey and gotten me in the right “weight loss mindset”. However, since this year has started, I have only lost 6 pounds, despite all my efforts (large deficit and working out 5 days a week for 90 minutes). I’ve spoken to many friends/family about this matter, since you all know, working your ass off and not seeing results is a huge bummer. MANY have suggested to stop doing keto, and I’m having a hard time accepting it. I am so proud of myself for overcoming my addiction to food/emotional eating, I don’t think I could have done it without keto. Not to toot my own horn at all, but I know many people have a hard time sticking to low carb, so the fact that I have maintained it for over 6 months makes me feel like it’s a skill of mine I shouldn’t give up on! I am so happy that I love going to the gym, so happy that I wake up excited to weigh myself, so happy with the way I look, and so so happy that I do not feel chained to junk food anymore. I love my current mindset so much I don’t want to lose it, thats why I’m scared of transitioning off keto :( I do plan to stay in a deficit if I do stop keto, not to say I plan on giving up my journey all together lol. If anyone else has been/is in the same situation as me please let me know. I’m planning on speaking to a nutritionist very soon, but I’d love to hear from people in this community as well!!

submitted by /u/rndoots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O7tQ8W

No comments:

Post a Comment